Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Oh, Boston. Where do we begin?


How about here...

I looked out this morning 
and the sun was gone.
Turned on some music to start my day...

Let me get this right. You roll over in bed, peek out the window, and find that the sun is gone. Not "obscured by clouds." Not "not yet risen." But gone. The solar system has ceased to exist as its eponymous center is no longer present. Do you panic? You do not. Do you cry out, your face instantaneously frozen in a hideous death mask? Hardly. What you do do is put on some music to start your day. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how real rockers roll.

More Than a Feeling lyrics here.

Know this, Boston, this conversation is far from over.

Got a question for a classic rocker?
Send it to the rockmocker and we'll pass it along.

Click on the email box over there to get rockmocker posts delivered fresh to your inbox every day!

2 comments:

  1. I think the problem for Boston's lead vocalist, whose name escapes me, is that he was trapped in an echo chamber, and when he hit the big high notes to call for help, his testicles ascended abruptly, triggering a vasovagal nerve response, causing him to black out. When he woke up...etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might like one of those vasovagal nerve responses.

    ReplyDelete