Thursday, December 31, 2009

A few more answers...

A couple weeks back, Rockmocker Central Command asked readers to contribute their own answers to the lyrical questions posed by classic rockers. Submissions have fairly streamed in. Below, a few of our favorites thus far. (Have some answers of your own? Send 'em in and we'll continue this thread in a future post.) 


Two answers for Chicago... (submitted by D.C.)
1. Yes. Not just anybody, but with modern technology, I'm pretty sure that almost everybody really knows what time it is.
2. 25. It's just a guess, but I know what that number is. If 6 to 4 is supposed to be 6 'til 4, then that is one of my least favorite times of the day, because I usually start to get really groggy around 4.




Three answers for the Eagles...(submitted by D.R.)
1. I don't see anything particularly nonsensical about riding fences. Somebody's got to do it, and I got my reasons, as you know.
2. My feet do occasionally get cold in the winter time, yes. Life in the Midwest, what are you gonna do? My trick knee hurts when it rains, too.
3. No, I don't think it's especially funny how the feeling goes away. I find it a little alarming in fact and will seek medical attention if it happens.

(Desperado lyrics here.)
.
Thanks D.C. and D.R.! Your Junior Rockmocker badges are in the mail!
.
That's it for 2009. Tune in next week for further adventures in mockery and rockery.
One more thing...
Don't trust that rock-addled memory of yours...Sign up for automatic email posts from the Rockmocker in the right-hand column!

1 comment:

  1. "Out riding fences" is a term for cowboys/cattle ranchers riding along side fences looking for places livestock may have torn down fences, wire or posts that need repair.

    When you find a broken place in a fence it's prudent to 'ride' the fence line to see if any other breaks or sections need repair. If you have a few hundred acres it behooves you to hoof it along, or in modern times take a lap around the acreage in the truck and look for problems before they result in having to wrangle some wandering doggies (round up loose cattle)

    In the song lyric I always took it to mean that the Desperado would rather be doing this lonely duty to get away from people.

    ReplyDelete